About Me

My photo
Cottonwood, CA, United States
I love the Lord, my husband and my children with all of my heart. I am a daughter, a sister and a friend. I try to give everything I have to others in the name of God for His Glory. I am loved!

Monday, October 27, 2008

What's up in my life

So many things have changed in the last few weeks. I feel like my life is a whirlwind. I don't know what to think right now.

I'll start my story from my birthday, Sept. 28th. I was sitting at church listening to Pastor Mike and realized that God was really trying to grab my attention. I had a pretty hard day and cried for most of it. I went to our small group later that evening and had my friends pray with me. Aaron and I talked about things when we got home and decided that I was going to leave Humboldt State University to stay home with our boys. HSU was really not the college for me anyway. I was in the car 2 hours a day, 5 days a week just traveling to and fro. That sure wasn't fun and very non-economical. The boys were thrilled with our decision and we were too. I have been loving my time with the family and they sure like the clean house and home-cooking. It's been nice. Weird not studying or writing a paper and having all of this free time. I am not used to it.

The following week while we were in church, Pastor Mike said something that begged for my attention again. Dang - he's good! He said, "Are you using all of your resources that God has given to you?" Wow. Our family talked about it and we realized that God has given us this amazing 6 bedroom house, and it is pretty empty. We decided to look into doing Foster Care again. This is a huge step because it brings back some very sad memories. But, our hearts are open again and we definately have the room for more. We have started the process and we should be certified by the middle of November.

The biggest thing on my mind right now is that of my brother-in-law Randy. My sister's husband has just been diagnosed with Cancer. It is so hard for me to say that word. It brings back so many memories of my dad. I can't believe we are going through this - again. I am praying for strength to stand behind them and be like a rock for them. Today is finally better. I haven't cried - yet anyway. It is so hard to be here and not with them, holding them and just being there. Trying to do the best I can from over here. Mostly, praying. We will be going to Redding on Friday so that we can see them and lift them up and encourage them. Spend some quality time with our family.

My sister Jennifer is coming over from Hawaii this week so I am stoked to get to see her! I miss her and my niece Aubrey so much. There are going to be a lot of people there Friday. Kristy and the gang, Jenn & Aubrey, Grammy and Papa, Arlene and her family and my girlfriend Elaina with her daughter Alex and her new man Buzz. Going trick-or-treating with so many people will be fun!!! I can't wait to get there and enjoy our new family tradition of eating a warm bowl of chili and then looting for candy. Yeah!!!

1 comment:

An Unlikely Retirement said...

Hey, I found you here, too! Give me a call whenever you're in town - 227-7784. I'm so sorry about Randy - but tons of people are praying, and God is awesome. And I'm excited to hear that you're going back into foster care. What an incredible mom you are!